April 2, 2011

It's A New Adventure!

Hello friends,

Welcome back to the Redhead on the Run blog! It's been a year and a half since I last updated this website, but as it's time for a new trip, I've decided it's time to begin blogging again.

On my last trip I spent five weeks in South America - this time it's a whole year. My boyfriend Dan and I will be making our way through Europe (6-7 months) to Africa (1-2 months), ending in Southeast Asia (3-4 months). We start in Porto, Portugal - flying out of Toronto on April 2nd. Which is tomorrow.

We've spent roughly 14 months saving for and 8 months researching and planning for the trip of a lifetime. We have a rough itinerary, to be posted later, but we've decided to be as flexible as we can be.

As of right now, ie one am the night before our flight, we are packed and nearly ready to roll.... you wouldn't believe the preparation it takes to leave your whole life and wander around the world for a year! All our belongings are in storage (except the dresser and some clothes - thanks, Val and John!). The cat is now at my parents' house (thank you Mom and Dad!) and finally our remaining belongings are in our packs. Sometime soon I'll be sure to go into further detail on what we've packed and how it's all working out for us.

It's been a while since I did any serious writing, so I'm hoping that through the next few months, the blogging and the time off to write in my journal will help me claw back the writing skills I'm sure I've lost over the past two years.

Anyway, it's time for us to get some rest before the drive to Toronto in the morning. I'll update as soon as I can when we land, hopefully with some pictures as well!

Thank you to our friends and family for the goodbye parties this past week and the week before. It's amazing to start off a trip with so much love and support!!

Missing you all already,

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment